Saturday, February 4, 2012

46 days?

It's only been 46 days since everything changed.
And I can tell you, I've grown.
The fire that you lit under me, the determination that I've never felt before.
You wanted to see me do this on my own. I'm crushing it. I'm owning this.
The worst part, is knowing that you were right. That this was probably a good idea. That we needed to expand, to become more.
I'll never, ever admit this.
Ever.
I've done so much thinking, so much wondering, so much pondering.
I've written that album for you.
I couldn't finish it until yesterday, because I didn't know how it was going to end.
It ends with you.
It started with you.
You're in every note, and every cadence, every verse and rhyme.

No, no. the worst part is definitely that you're never going to see it.
That you'll never see the new me.
And all I'm left with is inspiration and melodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment