Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Amalgamated

The moon rolls dreaming through the late spring sky
It's just a thrush seen flying through the late autumn dusk
And I'm convinced, that soon you'll see
These summer leaves turn to a winter breeze
Solace my game, it stars you
Swing wide your crane, and run me through
I wanted to walk through empty streets
And feel something constant under my feet
I can see for miles

Snakebit boy on the town tonight
And he's waited all his life
To scrape away grey cement
Show me the world as it was again
High above the highway aisle
Jagged vacance, thick with ice
But now I know, you have to blur the lines
We're waiting for fate to open up our eyes
I can see for miles

I'll leave you with this song that I never wrote
And I'll be waiting for you
This is not the sound of a new man
It's the sound of the unlocking
And I scream my smiles
And I read the lines until I lid my eyes
I ignite inside, I flash with fire
I'm blazing blind, and I'm surging live.
And I can see for miles.


None of these words are my own.
All of these dreams are.

No comments:

Post a Comment